Included with purchase:
- Download of the Online Refresher Course
- Copy of the Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0
- Free access to the Project WET Water Education Portal
In order to provide educators with flexible training opportunities, Project WET now offers an Online Refresher Course for those who have taken a Project WET workshop and would like to obtain the Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0
. The course is available in both Flash and PDF formats, is self-directed and self-paced, and you can begin the course before your book arrives.
The award-winning, NSTA-recommended Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0
continues Project WET’s dedication to 21st-century, cutting-edge water education. Correlated to the Common Core Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and STEM Educational Coalition objectives, the Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0
gives educators of children from kindergarten to twelfth grade the tools they need to integrate water education into every school subject. The guide also includes numerous extensions for using the activities in Pre-K environments. Featuring 64 field-tested activities, more than 500 color photographs and illustrations, and useful appendices with information on teaching methods, assessment strategies, and more, this guide is an essential classroom tool.
- Includes activities on topics such as national parks and storm water
- Features fully revised and updated activities from the Curriculum and Activity Guide 1.0
- Includes the very best activities gathered from all of Project WET’s publications
- Is suitable for educators at all levels and subjects, including pre-service teachers
: The Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0 has been correlated to: Common Core English Language Arts, Common Core Math
and Next Generation Science Standards.
The guide adheres to the National Science Standards Framework
and NOAA Ocean Literacy Standards.
The complete list of standards has been compiled here
The Curriculum and Activity Guide
was awarded a Gold Medal in 2013 by the Independent Publisher Book Awards,
Education (Workbook / Resource) category
The National Science Teachers Association
has selected this book as part of their NSTA Recommends
list of books for science educators. Click here
to visit NSTA Recommends.