Discover Floods Educator Guide Digital Edition with WETconnect
The Discover Floods Educator Guide digital edition is now part of the WETconnect Educator/Individual Full Access Subscription! This valuable resource helps educators teach students about both the risks and benefits of flooding through a series of engaging, hands-on activities.
The Discover Floods Educator Guide digital edition is now part of the WETconnect Educator/Individual Full Access Subscription! Along with an interactive virtual educator guide, your subscription will include:
- Access to interactive e-books, digital lessons, and printable instructions for screen-free activities
- Enhanced digital editions of your favorite Project WET educator guides* like Getting Little Feet Wet and Discover Floods
- Interactive lessons to guide students through Project WET’s award-winning activities in a self-paced and hands-on format (lessons are correlated to NGSS and Common Core Standards)
- E-books that feature games, quizzes, videos, and more to keep students engaged
- Communication tools that allow students to post questions and comments for teacher feedback within each e-book
- Built-in assessments
This valuable resource helps educators teach students about both the risks and benefits of flooding through a series of engaging, hands-on activities. Acknowledging the different roles that floods play in both natural and urban communities, this book helps young people gain a global understanding of this common--and sometimes dangerous--natural phenomenon that affects hundred of millions of people around the world each year. Complementing its text are photographs that shed light on the aftermath of floods, as well as numerous illustrations to facilitate learning. Students will apply a number of problem-solving techniques to such relevant issues as how to protect yourself and your family should you live in a flood-prone area.
Developed in partnership with the World Meteorological Organization.